Days ago, President Biden introduced a so-called infrastructure package before the country. Biden claimed that this plan should garner bipartisan support since Americans of all political stripes rely on the use of roads, bridges, etc.
There are some issues with this, however. For starters, only 6% of Biden’s American Jobs Plan actually goes towards infrastructure. The other 94% is about the Green New Deal and other socialist pet projects that are not at all connected to American infrastructure.
This is the problem that Republicans are having with Biden’s infrastructure package. However, the bill’s ties to a corporate tax hike from 21% to 28% are also an issue. According to Washington Examiner, this is alienating not only Republican lawmakers, but also voters across the nation.
A Package Doomed to Fail?
Even the Bipartisan Policy Center acknowledges that President Biden’s infrastructure package relates to matters that are far removed from roads, bridges, highways, etc.
Additional details from the Bipartisan Policy Center also reveal that questions about “social infrastructure” will alienate the GOP; this comes on top of the package’s other measures (such as a lower age for Medicare eligibility, community college funded by taxpayers, etc.) that lack bipartisan appeal.
This week, I announced the American Jobs Plan, which will invest in our infrastructure and strengthen America’s competitiveness for decades to come. My team and I answered your questions about the plan. Tune in. pic.twitter.com/1psECeHfSs
— President Biden (@POTUS) April 3, 2021
Republicans are furthermore sounding the alarm about Biden’s proposed corporate tax hike. Centrist Democrats also have their own concerns about the American Jobs Plan, whereas extreme leftists like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez don’t believe that Biden’s infrastructure package goes far enough.
Republicans are not supportive of Biden’s legislation and even Democrats have their own issues for different reasons. Therefore, there is a strong argument that the American Jobs Plan, as it currently stands, is doomed to fail.
A President Doomed to Fail?
Biden’s latest spending package is far from his only matter of concern. The Democrat president still has to contend with the border crisis that he created and later attempted to conceal from the media and the American public.
This is why President Biden didn’t want media at the border.pic.twitter.com/U9Y5HLlBiq
— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) April 5, 2021
President Biden and his administration speak of bipartisanship, yet a true show of it has yet to come from this White House. The Democrat president claims that he’s supported by Republican voters, but GOP voters couldn’t be more opposed to his agenda.
What do you think will become of Biden’s American Jobs Plan? Do you believe that this package will get the necessary votes and support from the American public? Be sure to let us know your predictions in the comments section below.